26 June 2013

The Summer Bob.

Simple eye makeup.  Lips: NK - Ruby Red
The hairstyle (earlier post here) I wanted to try out for the longest, but was scared that it wouldn't fit my chubby cheeks of a face. Or it simply wouldn't look right.

So I took a risk.

I bought BSS hair, watched YouTube and created a U-Part wig. This hairstyle was absolutely cheap to create. I probably spent a total of $30 for hair + supplies. I used Xtra perm yaki human hair 10" & Outre` Duby 8" both in a color 2. I braided, sewn, cut & styled my hair by myself (which is an achievement on its own) without any help. Even my mother was proud (& amazed) at my work. I told my father it's a wig, and he was like "It looks so natural, like ya hair" LOL.


I received many compliments so now I feel confident in rocking my bob this summer until school starts in the fall and then it's time for my Senegalese Twists. I think I'm 9 weeks post relaxer so my "journey" continues.

Speaking of summer, there are some essentials needed to enjoy this season, as hot as it is. Hope you all are enjoying it so far! Please check out the links on the side of the page. :)

16 comments:

  1. Loving the new hair do! And your eyebrows are on point! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bob! Had no idea it was a wig. :)

    xoxo,
    Maya
    www.petiteandunique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya, it's a U part wig so I have leaveout at the top, but I love it cus it looks so natural! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so good! I wouldn't have been able to tell it was a u-part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did not realise it was a U part!
    So pretty :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks doll, I'll take a look at your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is layed honey!

    kariekimberly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog, you've got lovely hair!
    follow?
    http://stormia-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful :))

    dyverst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete